- Hertz Car Rental. Lets Go!
Our fuel Policy
We would like to inform you and familiarize you with the Fuel Policy applicable to Hertz Moldova customers.
For rentals of 1-2 days
For 1-2 day rental periods, you should return the car with the same amount of fuel as shown when you picked it up. If you return it with a smaller amount, you will be charged the value of this missing fuel. In addition, there will be a charge for the "Refueling Service" which today is €10.00 plus VAT.
For rentals of 3 days or more
For rental periods of 3 days or more, you are required to pay in advance the cost of the amount of fuel that is in the tank of the rental car at the time of its collection. When you return the car, and only then, you can request a refund for the value of the fuel in the tank at that time. In this case, if the amount of fuel in the tank is less than the amount paid in advance, then the Fuel Service charge will apply, which today is €10 plus VAT. Any refund due will be processed through your credit/debit card.
Please note that:
1) The price per liter of fuel used is the average fuel price for the area where the car was rented.
2) The cost of the Food Service mentioned in this brochure is valid at the time of printing. Please consult the Hertz Romania employee during the preparation of the documentation for any changes to this cost.
Enjoy the advantages of paying in advance for fuel
By prepaying for fuel, you save significant time and money because:
• you may be in a hurry to catch either a plane or a ferry and don't want to waste time at a gas station.
• you may not be familiar with the area around the Hertz Romania location for returning the car and more precisely with the location of the nearest gas station.
• The petrol station may not be open during your return either due to opening hours (very rarely do they operate 24 hours) or indeed may be closed due to a bank/national holiday, strike , of a Sunday, etc.
• you want to have all your expenses, arising from the car rental, all in one invoice.
• save time when returning the car to our offices.
Why pay for fuel in advance?
This is a Policy that has been in place since 2006 and works better for you, the Customer, as it eliminates potential problems arising from fuel charges after returning the car. By paying the cost of the fuel in advance, then when you return the car you won't be charged with any Fuel Service if the fuel level is low, you won't waste time at a petrol station for the actual refueling and of course you will save a lot of time when returning the car to our staff.
If I return the car with the same level of fuel as I paid in advance, will I get a refund?
Yes ! At your request, the full amount will be refunded, but this must be requested, only at the time of returning your car to Hertz Moldova staff, so that the fuel level in the tank can be checked by a Hertz Moldova employee. Please note that we will not be able to refund any amount at a later stage as it will not be possible to verify the amount of returned fuel. Any fuel reimbursement will be made via your credit/debit card.
If I return the car with less fuel than the amount paid in advance, will I get a refund?
YES ! Even if you return the car with less fuel than the amount paid in advance, at your request we will refund the corresponding amount of the returned fuel. However, in this case you will also be charged with the refueling service, which today is €10 plus VAT. Please note that you must request the Fuel Reimbursement only at the time of returning the car to the Hertz Moldova staff, so that the amount of fuel returned can be checked. It will not be possible for fuel refund claims to be processed at a later stage. Any fuel reimbursement will be made via your credit/debit card.
When calculating fuel costs, don't forget that there are different types of vehicles in the Hertz’s fleet.
Keep in mind that different types have different fuel consumption rates. Keep this in mind when choosing a vehicle from our auto catalog.